Are you a woman in science? Do you wish to share your experience?
Then the gender equality working group of Eurodoc would like to interview you and publish this interview on Eurodoc website. If you are ready to volunteer, please send an email at email@example.com.
These are the questions we want to ask you:
- What is your field of research? What is your area of specialisation within your field of research?
- How do you perceive the situation of women in science in your country? And in your research field/area of specialisation? In your country, is your research field/area of specialisation mostly female or male dominated/oriented?
- Who inspired you to follow a career in science? Is there a colleague or a senior researcher (male or female) that you consider as a mentor or a model? If yes, why do you consider this person as a mentor/model?
- Have you always wanted to be a researcher? If yes, why? If not, why not? What made you doubt or have reservations about becoming a researcher?
- What was/is your preferred employment destination after the PhD (academia, private research, industry*)?
* In line with what is suggested in the Principles for Innovative Doctoral Training (EC, 2011), “the term ‘industry’ is used in the widest sense, including all fields of future workplaces and public engagement, from industry to business, government, NGO’s, charities and cultural institutions (e.g. musea)”.