KRD (Krajowa Reprezentacja Doktorantów) – Polish National Association of Doctoral Candidates – is the biggest and only official representation of Polish doctoral candidates, based in Warsaw, Poland. According to Polish Act on Higher Education KRD is the voice of Polish doctoral candidates; KRD is currently representing more than 42 000 DCs.
Our activities are not limited to presenting official proposals and legal documents. We are the vivid network consisted of representatives of doctoral candidates from all types of HEIs: universities, technical universities, polytechnics, artistic and physical education HEIs. We co-operate with institutions supporting scientific activities targeted to doctoral candidates (NGOs, governmental agencies, scientific publishing houses).
Our permanent annual projects:
- PROPAN and PRODOC – competitions for the most PhD candidates supportive university and Institutes of the Polish Academy of Science,
- Model of Doctoral Training Conference – the main aim is to discuss and evaluate the current state of art,
- Complimentary legal assistance in higher education matters provided by the Doctoral
- Candidates’ Ombudsman appointed with his team by KRD,
- sport activities: Polish Doctoral Candidates Championships in Basketball, Polish Doctoral Candidates Championships in Indoor Volleyball, Polish Doctoral Candidates Championships in Squash,
- Providing trainings on legal issues connected with PhD candidates’ legal status, Development of PhD Candidates’ Compendium.